Dr Jayalakshmi Balakrishna is a Clinical Assistant Professor at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Clinical and academic interests of Dr Balakrishna is neoplastic hematopathology.
American Board of Pathology - Hematopathology
American Board of Pathology - Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Academic and Medical Appointments
Assistant Professor - Clinical, Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Education and Training
2016-2018 Fellowship, Hematopathology - National Cancer Institute/National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
2012-2016 Residency, Anatomic & Clinical Pathology, Mount Sinai-St. Luke’s-Roosevelt, New York, NY
2006-2009 Residency, Pathology Anatomic & Clinical - Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
1992-1998 MBBS (MD), Government TD Medical College, Alappuzha Kerala University, India
Search in PubMed
- Jayalakshmi P Balakrishna MD, Tapan Bhavsar MD, PhD, Alina Nicolae MD, PhD, Mark Raffeld MD, Elaine S Jaffe MD, Stefania Pittaluga MD, PhD. Human Herpes Virus 6 (HHV-6) Associated lymphadenitis – Pitfalls in Diagnosis in Benign and Malignant Settings. Accepted for publication. AJSP.
- Jayalakshmi P. Balakrishna and Elaine S Jaffe. Crystal-storing histiocytosis associated with thymic extranodal marginal zone lymphoma. Blood 2017; 130:1683.
- Balakrishna JP, Chen A, Urken M. Crystal storing histiocytosis clinically mimicking metastatic carcinoma: Report of a case and review of literature. Head Neck. 2016; 38(4): E95–E98.
- Balakrishna JP, Chacko G, Manipadam MT, Ramya I. Glomerulopathy in a patient with sarcocystis infestation. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2013;56:285-7
- Balakrishna JP, Chacko G, Patil AB, Alexander M, Muliyil J. Immunohistochemical differentiation of Inflammatory Myopathies. Neurology India. 2011, Jul – Aug; 59(4):513- 520. Cited in Pubmed; PMID: 21891925
- Hephzibah J, Theodore B, Oommen R, David K, Moses V, Shah S, Panicker J. Use of single photon emission computer tomography/ low photon emission computer tomography fusion imaging in detecting an unusually presenting osteoid osteoma of the lumbar vertebra. American Journal of Orthopedics. 2009 Mar; 38(3): 117- 119.
- Banerji JS, Korula A and Panicker JB. Multicentric small cell neuroendocrine neoplasm of the renal pelvis and ureter with concomitant focal high grade urothelial carcinoma of the ureter: A case report. Indian Journal of Urology. 2008 Oct; 24(4): 571- 574. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19468523
- Gupta G, Kumar S, Panicker J, Korula A. The mixed epithelial and stromal tumour of the kidney: A recently recognized entity. Indian Journal of Urology. 2007 Jul; 23(3): 326- 327. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19718343
- Panicker JB, Thilakan A, Chandi G. Ulnar Artery: A case report of Unusual Origin and Course. Journal of Anatomical Society of India. 2003 Dec; 52(2): 177- 179.