Catherine G. Chung, MD is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Pathology as well as Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology. She completed residency in Dermatology at the University of Rochester and fellowship in Dermatopathology at Penn State University Hershey Medical Center. Her interests include cutaneous lymphomas, inflammatory skin disorders, and medical education. She is an active member of the American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP) and the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD). In addition to pathology, Dr. Chung sees patients with cutaneous lymphoma at The James Comprehensive Cancer Center and general skin disorders at OSU Dermatology East in Gahanna.
Dermatopathology, The American Board of Pathology and The American Board of Dermatology
Academic and Medical Appointments
Assistant Professor-Clinical of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, The Ohio State University
Assistant Professor-Clinical of Pathology, The Ohio State University
Education and Training
2012-2013 Fellowship in Dermatopathology; Penn State University Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
2009-2012 Residency in Dermatology; University of Rochester Medical Center Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY
2008-2009 Transitional Resident; St Joseph's Hospital Health Center, Syracuse, NY
2004-2008 M.D. State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
2000-2004 B.A. Columbia University, New York, NY
Search in PubMed
- Foulke GT, Kim Y, Beck M, Chung CG. Acute induration of the neck in a 16-year-old female. Pediatric Dermatology 2017; 34:703-106.
- Kim Y, Ioffreda MD, Chung CG. Lichen amyloidosis of the face and head. Dermatology Online Journal 2017; 23(11).
- Seiverling EV, Franklin M, Miller JJ, Chung CG. Exophytic Digital Lesion. American Family Physician 2017; 95:667-668.
- Helm M, Bax M, Bogner P, Chung CG. Blue nevus-like metastases arising during pembrolizumab therapy: clinically obvious but histologically challenging. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology Case Reports 2017; 3:135-137.
- Helm MF, Augenblick DJ, Bax MJ, Chung CG. Melanoma in situ of lentigo maligna type in a young woman. International Journal of Dermatology 2017; 56:961-962.
- Lynch MC, Samson T, Zaenglein AL, Chung CG. Evolution of Fibroblastic Connective Tissue Nevus in an Infant. American Journal of Dermatopathology 2017; 39(3):225-7.
- Malysz J, Talamo G, Zhu J, Clarke LE, Bayerl MG, Ali L, Helm KF, Chung CG. Cutaeous involvement in multiple myeloma (MM): A case series with clinicopathologic correlation. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016 May 74;978-84. Gonzalez C, Chung CG, Clarke JT. Painful perianal papules in a middle-aged woman. JAMA Dermatology 2016; 152(7):833-4.
- Dinh H, Purcell SM, Chung C, Zaenglein AL. Pediatric lichen sclerosus: a review of the literature and management recommendations. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2016;9(9):4
- Chung CG, Poligone B. Cutaneous T cell Lymphoma: an Update on Pathogenesis and Systemic Therapy. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2015 Dec;10(4):468-76.
- Chung CG, Poligone B. Other Chemotherapeutic Agents in Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma. Dermatol Clin. 2015 Oct;33(4):787-805.
- Chung CG, Jung EE, Helm KF. Biopsies of the acral extremities: assessing specimen (in)adequacy based on anatomic site. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2015 Aug;73(2):313-5.
- Baird DS, Ioffreda MD, Helm KF, Chung CG, Ferguson S. Lentigo maligna melanoma with localized and distant metastases mimicking blue nevi. Am J Dermatopathol. 2015 Oct;37:e126-8.
- Weyant GW, Chung CG, Helm KF. Halo Nevus: Review of the Literature and Clinicopathologic Findings. Int J Dermatol. 2015 Oct; 54:e433-5.
- Gonzalez C, Chung CG, Clarke JT. Painful perianal papules in a middle-aged woman. JAMA Dermatology 2016; 152(7):833-4.
- Lee YH, Zaenglein AL, Helm KF, Chung CG. Nodules on the cheek of a 6-year-old girl. Pediatric Dermatology. 2014 Nov-Dec;31(6):729-30.
- Lee YH, Talekar MK, Chung CG, Bell MD, Zaenglein AL. Congenital self-healing reticulohistiocytosis. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2014 Feb;7(2):49-53.
- Lynch MC, Chung CG, Specht CS, Wilkinson M, Clarke LE. Giant cell angiofibroma or localized periorbital lymphedema? J Cutan Pathol. 2013 Dec;40(12):1059-62.
- Poligone B, Lin J, Chung C. Romidepsin: evidence for its potential use to manage previously treated cutaneous T cell lymphoma. Core Evidence. 2011;6:1-12.
- Chung C, Tumeh PC, Birnbaum R, Tan BH, Sharp L, McCoy E, Papier A, Mercurio MG, Craft N. Characteristic purpura of the ears, vasculitis, and neutropenia – a potential public health epidemic associated with levamisole-adulterated cocaine. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2011; 65:722-5.