I am a pathologist specializing in gastrointestinal, pancreatic, and hepatobiliary cancers and diseases. In addition to GI pathology, I perform intraoperative frozen section consultations and autopsies. My post-graduate medical training was at New York University Langone Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.
I enjoy working at OSUWMC where I have the opportunity to provide world-class medical care to all patients alongside gifted and experienced medical professionals. The cutting-edge research and technology at the James Cancer Center allow us to provide exceptional treatment and targeted cancer care. Further, being at an academic center provides me the opportunity to engage with medical students and residents as both teacher and mentor.
Academic and Medical Appointments
2017-Present Assistant Professor- Clinical, Department of Pathology, OSUWMC, Columbus, Ohio
Education and Training
2016-2017 Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology Research and Clinical Fellow, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD
2012-2016 Resident, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY
2007-2012 Combined Doctor of Medicine and Master of Health Sciences, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
Search in PubMed
- Salimian KJ, Waters KM, Eze O, Pezhouh MK, Tarabishy Y, Shin EJ, Canto MI, Voltaggio L, Montgomery EA. Definition of Barrett Esophagus in the United States: Support for Retention of a Requirement for Goblet Cells. The American journal of surgical pathology, 2018, 42 (2), 264-268.
- Ogechukwu Eze, Robert Jones, Elizabeth Montgomery. A practical approach for diagnosis of appendiceal mucinous neoplasms, Diagnostic Histopathology 2017; 23(12): 530-535.
- Mark Ettel, Gabriel Acosta Gonzalez, Shweta Gera, Ogechukwu Eze, Samuel Sigal, James S Park, Ruliang Xu, Frequency and pathological characteristics of drug-induced liver injury in a tertiary medical center, Human Pathology, 2017; Volume 68: 92-98.
- Eze, Ogechukwu P.; Montgomery, Elizabeth A. Inflammatory Cell–Rich Soft Tissue Tumors. AJSP: Reviews and Reports. 22(2):75-84, March/April 2017.
- Kaimakliotis P, Giardiello F, Eze O, Truta B. A rare case of Crohn’s ileitis in a patient with constitutional mismatch repair deficiency. Annals of Gastroenterology. 2017;30(3):370-372. doi:10.20524/aog.2017.0129
- Songchuan Guo, Jonathan Melamed, Ogechukwu Eze, Christopher Bowman, Sunjida Ahmed, Harvey G. Moore, Cynthia Loomis, Adriana Heguy, Rachel Brody, Debra J. Morrison, Jonathan Serrano, Kevin Lee Du, Jennifer J. Wu, Theresa Ryan, Deirdre Jill Cohen, Ping Gu, Judith D Goldberg, Matija Snuderl, Lawrence P. Leichman, and Cynthia G. Leichman. Methylation profiling of locally advanced rectal cancer (LARC): Exploration of potential predictive markers for neoadjuvant chemoradiation (NACR). Journal of Clinical Oncology 2016 34:4_suppl, 614-614
- Mark Ettel, Ogechukwu Eze and Ruliang Xu. Clinical and biological significance of precursor lesions of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. World Journal of Hepatology, October 19 2015
- Ogechukwu Eze, Saul Harari, Margaret Cho, Antonio Galvao Neto. Colonic polyp presenting as a tubulovillous adenoma and harbinger of high-grade neuroendocrine carcinoma: a unique presentation. Case Reports in Clinical Pathology, 2015
- O Eze, W Xu, FM Deng, J Melamed, M Zhou. "Prostate Biopsies with Discontinuous Cancer Involvement: Gap or No Gap?" Laboratory Investigation. Vol. 94. Nature Publishing Group, 2014.
- Andersson U, Wibom C, Cederquist K, Aradottir S, Borg A, Armstrong GN, Shete S, Lau CC, Bainbridge MN, Claus EB, Barnholtz-Sloan J, Lai R, Il'yasova D, Houlston RS, Schildkraut J, Bernstein JL, Olson SH, Jenkins RB, Lachance DH, Wrensch M, Davis FG, Merrell R, Johansen C, Sadetzki S; Gliogene Consortium, Bondy ML, Melin BS. Germline rearrangements in families with strong family history of glioma and malignant melanoma, colon, and breast cancer. Neuro Oncol. 2014 Oct;16(10):1333-40. (Member of the Gliogene Consortium).
- Cho M, Eze OP, Xu R. Molecular Genetics of Gastric Adenocarcinoma in Clinical Practice. World J Med Genet. 2014 August 27; 4(3): 58-68.
- Cho M, Eze OP, Xu R (2013) A Brief Review of the Controversial Role of Iron in Colorectal Carcinogenesis. J Clin Exp Pathol 3:137.
- Shivannah S Chiatar, Ogechukwu P Eze and Alan R Schoenfeld (2013). Expression of VHL Causes Three-Dimensional Morphological Changes in Renal Cells Indicative of Proximal Tubule Differentiation. Cell Dev Biol 2: 118.
- Cho M, Eze OP, Xu R. A Brief Review of the Controversial Role of Iron in Colorectal Carcinogenesis. J Clin Exp Pathol 3: 137, 2013
- Ogechukwu P. Eze MSc, Guoping Cai MD, Zubair W. Baloch MD PhD, Ashraf Khan MD, Lynwood W. Hammers DO, Robert Udelsman MD, David Chhieng MD, Constantine G.A. Theoharis MD, Manju L. Prasad MD. Vanishing Thyroid Nodules: A rare diagnostic dilemma following ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration. Thyroid, Article ID 22928739, 2013
- Ogechukwu P. Eze, Lee F. Starker, Tobias Carling. The Role of Epigenetic Alterations in Papillary Thyroid Carcinogenesis. Journal of Thyroid Research, Article ID 895470, 2011