Tibor Nadasdy, MD
Tibor Nadasdy, MD, PhD is a Professor and Director of the Renal Pathology Division in the Anatomic Pathology Branch. He earned his MD from the Medical University Szeged in Hungary. He completed a residency in Anatomic and Surgical Pathology in the Department of Pathology, University of Medicine, in Szeged, Hungary. His PhD Thesis titled: Pathomorphology of Renal Transplant Rejection was defended in Budapest, Hungary in 1989. He was a Paul Kimmelstiel-Conrad Pirani Fellow in Renal Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma. He is board certified in Anatomic Pathology.
Academic and Medical Appointments
2003-Present Professor of Pathology, Director of Renal and Transplant Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
2013-Present University Pathology Services Anatomic Pathology Professorship, The Ohio State University
Education and Training
1997 Diplomate of the American Board of Pathology (Anatomic)
1989 Ph.D. Thesis: Pathomorphology of Renal Transplant Rejection. Defended in 1991, Budapest, Hungary
1981-1985 Residency in anatomic and surgical pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Medicine, Szeged, Hungary
1981 Medical Doctor degree
- Satoskar AA, Suleiman S, Ayoub I, Hemminger J, Parikh S, Brodsky SV, Bott C, Calomeni E, Nadasdy GM, Rovin B, Hebert L, Nadasdy T. Staphylococcus Infection-Associated GN – Spectrum of IgA Staining and Prevalence of ANCA in a Single-Center Cohort. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. Jan;12(1):39-49, 2017.
- Oghumu S, Nori U, Bracewell A, Zhang J, Bott C, Nadasdy GM, Brodsky SV, Pelletier R, Satoskar AR, Nadasdy T, Satoskar AA. Differential gene expression pattern in biopsies with renal allograft pyelonephritis and allograft rejection. Clin Transplant. Sep;30(9):1115-33, 2016.
- Ryan MS, Satoskar AA, Nadasdy GM, Brodsky SV, Hemminger JA, Nadasdy T. Phospholipase A2 receptor staining is absent in many kidney biopsies with early-stage membranous glomerulonephritis. Kidney Int. Jun;89(6):1402-3, 2016.
- Choudhry WM, Nori US, Nadasdy T, Satoskar AA. An unexpected cause of acute kidney injury in a patient with ANCA associated vasculitis. Clin Nephrol. May;85(5):289-95, 2016.
- Hemminger J, Nadasdy G, Satoskar A, Brodsky SV, Nadasdy T. IgG Subclass Staining in Routine Renal Biopsy Material. Am J Surg Pathol. May;40(5):617-26, 2016.
- Hemminger J, Kandarpa M, Tsai A, Nadasdy T. Proliferative glomerulonephritis with Monoclonal IgG1ĸ Deposits in Hepatitis C Virus-Positive Patient. Am J Kidney Dis. Apr;67(4):703-8, 2016.
- Ayoub I, Almaani S, Brodsky S, Nadasdy T, Prosek J, Hebert L, Rovin B. Revisiting medullary tophi: a link between uric acid and progressive chronic kidney disease? Clin Nephrol. February;85(2):109-13, 2016.