Daniela Proca, MD is a Clinical Associate Professor in the Community Pathology Branch. She earned her MD from the Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest, Romania. She completed
a residency in anatomic and clinical pathology at The Ohio State University followed by a fellowship in surgical pathology. Dr. Proca is board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology.
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
Academic and Medical Appointments
2011-Present Associate Professor, Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH
Education and Training
2000-2001 Fellow, Surgical Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
1996-2000 Resident, AP&CP, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
1986-1992 M.D., Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Bucharest, Romania
Search in PubMed
- Lindsay A Sobotka DO, Michael Wellner MD, Daniela Proca MD, Ashraf El-Hinnawi MD, Anthony Michaels MD. 2018. Accepted, Ref.: Ms. No. Biomedical-Sci 18-312R1. A Rare Etiology of Colonic Mass in a Patient that Underwent Liver Transplantation: Malakoplakia Journal of Clinical and Experimental Transplantation
- Proca DM; De Renne L; Marsh WL Jr; Keyhani-Rofagha S. 2008. Anaplastic large cell lymphoma in a human immunodeficiency virus-positive patient with cytologic findings in bladder wash: a case report. Acta Cytologica. Vol. 52, no. 1: 83-86.
- Proca DM; Frankel WL. 2008. Pancreatic endocrine tumors-c-erb B2 (Her-2/neu), bcl-2, and p-53 immunohistochemical testing and their value in assessing prognosis. Applied Immunohistochemistry & Molecular Morphology. Vol. 16, no. 1: 44-47.
- Proca, Daniela, M; Williams, JoAnna, D; Rofagha, Soraya; Tranovich, Virginia, L; Keyhani-Rofagha, Sedigheh. 2007. Improved rate of high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia detection in human papillomavirus DNA hybrid capture testing. Analytical and quantitative cytology and histology. Vol. 29, no. 4: 264-270. (IF: 0.099)
- D M Proca, S Rofagha, S Keyhani-Rofagha. 2006. High Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion in Inmates from Ohio: Cervical Screening and Biopsy Follow-up. Cytojournal. Vol. 1, no. 3 (May): 15.
- Cioc, Adina, M; Ellison, E Christopher; Proca, Daniela, M; Lucas, Joel, G; Frankel, Wendy L. 2002. Frozen section diagnosis of pancreatic lesions. Archives of pathology & laboratory medicine. Vol. 126, no. 10: 1169-1173.
- Cioc, Adina, M; Julius, Carmen, J; Proca, Daniela, M; Tranovich, Virginia, L; Keyhani-Rofagha, Sedigheh. 2002. Cervical biopsy/cytology correlation data can be collected prospectively and shared clinically. Diagnostic cytopathology. Vol. 26, no. 1: 49-52.
- Proca, D, M; Ellison, E, C; Hibbert, D; Frankel, W L. 2001. Major pancreatic resections for chronic pancreatitis. Archives of pathology & laboratory medicine. Vol. 125, no. 8: 1051-1054.
- Porcell, A, I; De Young, B, R; Proca, D, M; Frankel, W L. 2000. Immunohistochemical analysis of hepatocellular and adenocarcinoma in the liver: MOC31 compares favorably with other putative markers. Modern pathology. Vol. 13, no. 7: 773-778.
- Proca, D, M; Hitchcock, C, L; Keyhani-Rofagha, S. 2000. Exfoliative cytology of lymphoepitheliomalike carcinoma of the uterine cervix. A report of two cases. Acta cytologica. Vol. 44, no. 3: 410-414.
- Proca, D, M; Niemann, T, H; Porcell, A, I; DeYoung, B R. 2000. MOC31 immunoreactivity in primary and metastatic carcinoma of the liver. Report of findings and review of other utilized markers. Applied immunohistochemistry & molecular morphology. Vol. 8, no. 2: 120-125.
- Proca, D, M; Ross, P Jr; Pratt, J; Frankel, W L. 2000. Smooth muscle tumor of the pleura. A case report and review of the literature. Archives of pathology & laboratory medicine. Vol. 124, no. 11: 1688-1692.
- D.M. Proca, D.L. Hibbert, E.C. Ellison, W.S. Melvin, W.J. Schirmer, W.L. Frankel. 2000. The Spectrum of Pathologic Findings in Resections for Complicated Pancreatitis: Can Histology Help Predict Persistent Pain? Supplement to Gastroenterology; Suppl 2/ Part2 of 2: A1526, SSAT Abstracts, 118(4), April 2000.
- Hameed, A; Ying, A, J; Aslam, U; Proca, D, M; Keyhani-Rofagha, S; Copeland, L J. 1999. Perforin-positive cytotoxic lymphocytes in pregnancy. The Journal of reproductive medicine. Vol. 44, no. 5: 405-410.
- Proca, D; Keyhani-Rofagha, S; Copeland, L, J; Hameed, A. 1998. Exfoliative cytology of neuroendocrine small cell carcinoma of the endometrium. A report of two cases. Acta cytologica. Vol. 42, no. 4: 978-982