Diana Thomas, MD, PhD, is an Assistant Professor-Clinical in Anatomic Pathology at The Ohio State University and Nationwide Children's Hospital. She is board certified in Anatomic Pathology and Neuropathology. Dr. Thomas specializes in Neuropathology and Autopsy Pathology.
American Board of Pathology, Neuropathology
American Board of Pathology, Anatomic Pathology
Academic and Medical Appointments
2018-Present Assistant Professor- Clinical, Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University and Nationwide Children's Hospital, Columbus, OH
Education and Training
2016-2018 Neuropathology Fellowship, UPMC, Pittsburgh, PA
2013-2016 Anatomic Pathology Residency, UPMC, Pittsburgh, PA
2013 M.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL
2009 Ph.D., Neuroscience, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL
Search in PubMed
- Misiolek KA, Osborn ZG, Hauser N, Thomas DL, Goodman JF, Fulkerson DH. Rapidly growing, multifocal “benign” choroid plexus tumor in an infant: case report and review of the literature. J Neurosurg Pediatr 1-6. 2019. Published online February 22, 2019; DOI: 10.3171/2018.12.PEDS18453.
- Moshayedi P, Thomas D, Rinaldo CR, Moossy M, Maroon JC, Murdoch GH, Hamilton RL, Homayoun H. Subacute histopathologic features in a case of varicella zoster virus myelitis and post-herpetic neuralgia. Spinal Cord Series and Cases. (2018) 4:33.
- Thomas DL, Manners J, Marker D, Mettenburg J, Murdoch G, Stevens B, Wang G, Wiley CA. CD8-Positive T-Cell Leukoencephalitis With Astrocytopathy Clinically Presenting As Neuromyelitis Optica. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2017. 76 (5): 347-357. PMID: 28340257
- Landmann A, Calisto JL, Reyes-Múgica M, Thomas DL, Malek MM. Fetus-in-Fetu presenting as a cryptorchid testis and abdominal mass: a report of a case and review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric Surgery Case Reports. 2016. Vol. 13, October 2016, p. 38-40.
- Tosic V, Thomas DL, Kranz DM, Liu J, McFadden G, Shisler JL, MacNeill AL, Roy EJ. Myxoma virus expressing a fusion protein of interleukin-15 (IL15) and IL15 receptor alpha has enhanced antitumor activity. PLoS One. 2014. Oct 16; 9(10):e109801. PMID: 25329832
- West DC, Qin Y, Petersen QP, Thomas DL, Palchaudhuri R, Morrison KC, Lucas PW, Palmer AE, Fan TM, Hergenrother PJ. Differential effects of procaspase-3 activating compounds in the induction of cancer cell death. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2012. May 7; 9 (5): 1425-34. PMID: 22486564
- Thomas DL, Doty R, Tosic V, Liu J, Kranz DM, McFadden G, MacNeill AL, Roy EJ. Myxoma virus combined with rapamycin treatment enhances adoptive T cell therapy for murine melanoma brain tumors. Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy. 2011. Oct; 60 (10): 1461-72. PMID: 21656158
- France MR, Thomas DL, Liu J, McFadden G, MacNeill AL, Roy EJ. Intraventricular injection of myxoma virus results in transient expression of viral protein in mouse brain ependymal and subventricular cells. Journal of General Virology. 2011. Jan; 92 (Pt 1): 195-9. PMID: 20861319
- Thomas DL, Kim M, Narayanan S, Schreiber H, Kranz DM, Roy EJ. Relapse of intracranial tumors following adoptive T cell therapy can be prevented by direct and indirect killing aided by high levels of tumor antigen. Journal of Immunology. 2009. Aug 1; 183 (3): 1828-37. PMID: 19592642
- Thomas DL, Kranz DM, Roy EJ. Experimental manipulations of afferent immune responses influence efferent immune responses to brain tumors. Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy. 2008. 57 (9): 1323-33. PMID: 18278494
- Roy EJ, Takikawa O, Kranz DM, Brown AR, Thomas DL. Neuronal localization of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in mice. Neuroscience Letters. 2005. 387 (2): 95-9. PMID: 16076525