JoAnna Williams, MD is an Associate Professor-Clinical in the Clinical Pathology Branch. Dr. Williams earned her MD from The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health in Columbus, OH. She completed a residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology in the Department of Pathology at Ohio State with her fifth year of residency focusing on Transfusion Medicine. Dr. Williams is board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology. She is the medical director for the clinical laboratories at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, The James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute, University Hospital East and OSU Cytogenetics and Molecular Pathology at Ackerman Road.
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
State of Ohio Board of Medicine
Academic and Medical Appointments
2013-Present Medical Director, Clinical Laboratories, Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus Ohio.
2011-Present Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus Ohio.
Education and Training
2000-2005 Resident, Pathology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
1996-2000 M.D., Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
1992-1996 B.S., Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
Search in PubMed
- Guang Jia, Ronney Abaza, JoAnna D. Williams, et al. Amide proton transfer MR imaging of prostate cancer: a preliminary study. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 2011;33:647-654.
- Bruce J, Williams J, Bhatt N, and Lucarelli M. A case of progressive dyspnea and abnormal chest X-ray (the case of being a couch potato). American Thoracic Society Web Case of the Month. February, 2010.
- Mark D. Lindsley, Josep Guarro, Raed N. Khairy, JoAnna Williams, Naureen Iqbal, and Preeti Pancholi. Pseudallescheria fusoidea: a new cause of osteomyelitis. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2008;46(6):2141-2143.
- D. M. Proca, J. D. Williams, S. Rofagha, V. L. Tranovich, S. Keyhani-Rofagha. HPV DNA hybrid capture improves the rate of high grade cervical intraepithelail neoplasia (CINII&III) detection. Analytical and Quantitative Cytology and Histology 2007; 29:264-270.
- Magro C, Ali N, Williams JD, Allen JN, Ross P Jr. Cytomegalovirus-associated pulmonary septal capillary injury sine inclusion body change: a distinctive cause of occult or macroscopic pulmonary hemorrhage in the immunocompetent host. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morpho. 2005 Sep;13(3):268-72.
- Sedghizadeh PP, Williams JD, Allen CM, Prasad, ML. MSG-1 expression in benign and malignant melanocytic lesions of cutaneous and mucosal epithelium. Med Sci Monit. 2005 Jul;11(7):BR189-94. Epub 2005 Jun 29.
- Benson DM, O’Donnell L, Krugh D, Grady T, Blum W, Williams JD, Kennedy MS, Marcucci G. Correspondense. Successful management of sudden, massive immune hemolysis following ABO-incompatible allogeneic PBSCT despite methotrexate GvHD prophylaxis. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2005;36:1111-1112.
- Doreen M. Agnese MD, JoAnna Williams, MD, and Williams E. Burak, Jr., MD. Isolated Supraclavicular lymph node recurrence after breast-conserving surgery and negative axillary sentinel lymph node biopsy. Breast J 2003;9(6):501-2.
- JoAnna D. Williams, MD, David Krugh, MT(ASCP)SBB, CLS(NCA), Sandra Diettrich, MT(ASCP), Richard O’Shaughnessy, MD, Melanie S. Kennedy, MD. Management of Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn, case study in immunohematology. Laboratory Medicine 2002;33(6):467-469.
- JD Williams, A Agrawal, PE Wakely. Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the lacrimal sac. Annals of Diagnostic Pathology 2003;7(1):31-34.